Hawaii is known for being expensive, and food is no exception to that. Thankfully, there are many affordable, budget-friendly food options throughout the island of O’ahu.
Things to note: food is most expensive in high tourist areas such as Waikiki Beach. For travellers looking to save on food costs, it can be helpful to seek out more affordable food options in O’ahu, such as plate lunches and food trucks and to avoid dining in high-priced tourist areas.
Here are 11 budget-friendly and affordable food options on O’ahu:
- Ono Seafood – Known for their poke bowls made with fresh, local fish.
- Rainbow Drive-In – A local favorite, serving plate lunches with a variety of options.
- Zippy’s – A chain restaurant offering affordable local-style food such as chili and loco moco.
- Helena’s Hawaiian Food – A James Beard award-winning restaurant serving traditional Hawaiian dishes.
- Marukame Udon – A popular spot for tasty and affordable udon noodles.
- L&L Hawaiian Barbecue – A chain restaurant known for its plate lunches and BBQ chicken.
- Geste Shrimp Truck – A food truck that serves delicious and affordable shrimp plates.
- Puka Puka Kitchen – A food truck known for their Hawaiian plate lunches and poke bowls.
- Island Tacos – A food truck serving delicious and affordable tacos with a Hawaiian twist.
- Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck – A popular food truck serving garlic shrimp plates.
- Steak Shack – A popular restaurant that offers a wide variety of steak options at affordable prices
Please note that prices, menus, and availability may change over time; it is always best to check or call the restaurant before visiting.
Leave a Reply